Lab and Production Technician
AquaTactics is seeking a Lab and Production Technician to assist the team with the manufacture of fish health vaccines and assistance with other microbiological work, including diagnostic certification analysis and R&D work relating to fish health.
KEY ROLE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist as necessary in the production of vaccines, batching, etc.
- Schedule Production from internal/external input
- Establish production procedures to meet QA/QC requirements; protocols, standard operating procedures
- Work with vendors to provide cost effective and timely supply availability
- Assist with R&D activities relevant to vaccine development
- Develop new bacterial and viral cell cultures for vaccine production
- Assist and help field personnel with occasional sample collection and submission.
- Purchasing of lab supplies, equipment and materials used for production and research as needed.
- Participate and present at various fish health conferences nationally and globally.
- Participate in all aspects of the company (products and services) as needed and available.
- Ability to develop skills in microbiology and virology and fish diagnostics
- Bachelor’s degree in microbiology, molecular biology, immunology, or virology
- Experience in growing organisms in a lab environment
- Self-starter with high energy level, ability to multi-task and willingness to learn
- Personable and able to interact and socialize amongst different cultures and levels in an organization
- Strong verbal, presentation and writing skills in English required
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Experience relating to bacterial and virial culture experience
- Knowledge of fish health diagnostics
- Advanced graduate in microbiology, molecular biology, immunology, or virology (or veterinary degree an asset)
- Basic statistical knowledge for clinical trials
COMPETENCIES REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE:
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION – Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts. Exhibit willingness to listen, and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
- TRUSTWORTHY – able to be relied on as honest and truthful. Someone who is reliable, responsible and can be trusted completely.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING/PROBLEM SOLVING – is the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from various sources and then tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Ability to identify and separate the key components of problems and situations. Ability to interpret information from a range of sources to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this.
- INTEGRITY/PERSONAL CREDIBILITY – Demonstrated ability and concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy.
- THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work ad information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.